(Old) Slack bridge
This page is also available in:
Non-English support is best-effort. The English version is more complete.
The (Old) Slack bridge installed by us is powered by
This bridge is unmaintained and is no longer installed by us since January 2023.
New installations are powered by the newer and more reliable mautrix-slack bridge.
Start a chat with
@_slackpuppet_bot:your-server.com. When it joins, type
help in the chat to see instructions.
Option 1: OAuth2
- Set up a Slack app . You do not need to set up any of the additional features or functionality that Slack prompts you to enable when you create a new Slack app.
- Go to the
OAuth & Permissionstab in the sidebar
- Add your redirect URL
- Fill in the
oauthblock in your bridge config file. Be sure to forward the
oauth.redirectUrito the bridge
linkto the bridge bot
- Click the link it gives and allow access
- Copy the token given and send it to the bot:
Option 2: xoxc token (against ToS)
Warning: Linking your xoxc account’s token is against Slack Terms of Service.
- Open a slack workspace in a browser
- Open browser dev tools (chrome dev tools) and go to the Network tab
- Filter requests by type WS/WebSocket
xoxctoken as a parameter of one of the URLs
- Go to the dev tools Storage tab to get a list of cookies
dcookie and copy its contents
link your.xoxc-token your.d-cookieto the bridge bot